January 2019 has ended faster than many of us expected. It however provided us with drama and hot topics. These are some of our picks for the legal events of the month.
- The House of Representatives has passed the 30,000 minimum wage bill and now awaits the Senate to do the same. That should be good news for all Nigerian workers.
- Runtown got a judgment in his favour against his former record label. This means that he is now free to perform and record songs until the matter is finally decided. Hoping to hear more from Runtown this year.
- Mavin just signed a multi-million dollar deal to expand its operations globally. Congratulations to Don Jazzy and his team.
- NITDA passed its data protection regulation to protect Nigerians from abuse of their data by companies who collect them. If you are a Nigerian, you should read it up.
- The Government v the CJN: this was by far the most controversial issue in the legal space in January. It has not ended and so we keep watch.
Did we miss anything? #fortheculture